Friday, June 26: 2Corinthians 5- Ambassador for Christ.

Ambassador is an important governmental position. Ambassadors represent the government and its leaders to a foreign people. Ambassadors are the voice of the President, Prime Minister or whatever the governmental leader is called.

According to Paul we are God’s ambassadors in this world. We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us… (8). If that is so then we represent God to this world!

I let that sink in… God has appointed me (and you) as His ambassador to the human race. We make God known so that people can be reconciled to God through Jesus Christ.

As I write this, I sit in a crowded international airport. I am God’s ambassador here, right now! What should an ambassador do?

I guess I should embody God, my Savior, as best I can… my attitude, my demeanor, my politeness should reflect our God, who seeks to reconcile others to Himself. And when given an opportunity I should, on behalf of the Lord, make God’s appeal, inviting people to be reconciled.

What an awesome responsibility…

Lord, empower me to be the best ambassador I was created to be. I pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment