Saturday, June 6: 1Corinthians 6- Real people, real problems; tough answers.

If we are going to live with other people, then we are going to have friction. None of us are perfect and when my flaws rub against you and your flaws rub against me we have problems!

Paul discusses lawsuit and sexual immorality in two hard-hitting sections of this chapter. Very different topics but both have the human propensity for sin at the core of the issue.

Paul blasts the church for members taking other members to court over disputes between themselves. Paul’s first directive is, “Couldn’t someone, anyone, in the church adjudicate this case?”

His next point is even tougher. “Why are you seeking your ‘rights’? Why not rather be wronged? “Why not rather be cheated?” ”(7).

The ‘that’s-not-right’ part of me bristles as I read this. Why should he/she get away with this? All of my ‘that’s-not-fair’ arguments tumble out with nary a thought.

Uugghh, I just sit here this morning, confronted by my lack of maturity. Here I sit feeling that the Word of God just isn’t right!

God forbid that I would ever put myself above You. And yet, it seems like that’s what my thoughts are doing right now.

The press of the Lord is heavy upon me right now. How misaligned I am. How out of step with You, I am Lord. Come in and remove the junk from my life.  There is plenty. There is plenty.

O Father, Son and Spirit help me. Help me…

 

No comments:

Post a Comment