Thursday, June 25: 2Corinthians 4- renouncing the ungodly.

Devotions are different each day. This morning the first words of verse 2 gripped me. We have renounced secret and shameful ways…

Thoughts about what God has required me to renounce seized me. I was not involved with cults or false idols before I began my walk with Jesus, so I didn’t have those kinds of secret things to renounce.

There were secret compartments of my life that I did have to open and then surrender to Jesus. I had aspirations, relationships and behaviors that could not or should not continue if I were to abide with Jesus.

My thoughts went to those places this morning and I pondered and probed their roots in my life to examine if I honestly dealt with them at the core…

And so my morning went as I sat with my Lord this morning.

Lord, I pray that I have been honest with myself and that I have truly looked deep into the areas You need me to deal with. Lord, I do this as part of my surrender to You, my Lord and my God.

I ask, too, if there are areas in my life that You want me to begin dealing with, that until now I have not recognized as an area for growth. I pray this in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment