Tuesday, June 16: 1Corinthians 14- God Speaks

God speaks... these are the words that imprinted on my heart as I read this chapter. As I listened below all the tongues and prophecy in worship instruction from Paul, I realized how deeply Paul anticipated that the Lord would speak to His people regularly. That just warmed my heart.

God speaks! God communicates with His people. This so blesses me. Our God is not some mute statue or “idea.” Our God is a living God who connects and communicates with us. Every fiber in me is shouting, ‘YEAH’!  I serve and follow a living, connecting and communicating God.

I know this to be true in my life. Every day I sit with my Bible in hand or pray, I experience God who speaks. To see this confirmed in the text and to hear it confirmed in my heart during my mediations this morning draws me even closer to the God I love and serve.

Lord, thank You. Thank You for speaking and for listening and answering and being a God who cares about me. Thank You and bless You. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment