Tuesday, June 23: 2Corinthians 2- The aroma of Christ.

I love it when I come home in the winter and my wife has had a chicken soup cooking on the stove all day. The house is filled with this wonderful aroma that jumps on me as soon as I open the door. Or similarly in the summer when I arrive at a friend’s house and the BBQ is fired up and the meats are already cooking… ahh, the aroma of a summer BBQ!

In like fashion, we are to be the aroma of Jesus in the world.

But thanks be to God, who always leads us as captives in Christ’s triumphal procession and uses us to spread the aroma of the knowledge of him everywhere. For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing (14-15).

I am to be God’s pleasing perfume in the world today.

The word perfume kicks off another set of thoughts and images in my meditation. Some women, with just a touch of perfume, can turn a head as their scent, their aroma, wafts by.

I am to be God’s pleasing scent in the world today.

The goal of my living for Jesus is to be so pleasant and pleasing that people are drawn to Jesus. My life is to add aroma to a world often filled with the scent of hatred, bigotry and other malice…

Lord, help me to live pleasingly on Your behalf and so become a pleasing aroma for You in my world. I pray this in Jesus’ name. Amen.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment