Monday, July 13: Mark 1- A new era in time .

I am breathless reading this first chapter of Mark. In only a few moments Jesus bursts on the scene and before the chapter concludes, He has healed many and may no longer walk around openly because of the crowds. Talk about making a splash, Jesus goes from obscurity to ‘the talk of the region’ in the span of one chapter.

Given the pace of this reading it is hard to find God’s meditation spot, so after reading I returned to the chapter to review and reflect.

My red letter Bible highlighted the words of Jesus so, quite naturally, they caught my attention. And it was the first words of Jesus where I paused to soak in the word of God. “The time has come. The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!” (15).

Those words mark a new era in time… God’s time has come. The Lord is about to unfold his marvelous plan of salvation. Isaiah puts it like this, “The people living in darkness have seen a great light…” (Isaiah 9:2)

God’s time… living in God’s time. What a privilege we have... I have. All I have known is to live in God’s time. I am truly blessed. In fact, I am doubly blessed because my eyes have been opened by the Lord to the wonders of His time, His kingdom. Thanks to God’s invitation, I have repented and I know and live in the reality of God’s Good News!

I am blessed and I sit this morning reflecting on God’s blessing… His blessing of opening my eyes to who He is and what He is doing in the world today. More than that, the Lord has called me to be part of what He is doing. Like Peter and the others, God called me from a merely earthly existence to be part of His community, which is spreading His name and changing the world for God and for good.

Thank You, Lord. Bless You, Lord, for Your great call. Thank You, Lord, for reaching down and ripping the veil from my eyes so that I might see You and understand Your call to follow You! My soul sings with joy at Your grace, Your mercy, Your love.

My heart sings Your praise as it rests in You, my Lord, my God, my Provider, my Protector, my Savior. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment