Tuesday, July 7: Psalm 47- .Remember what God has done...

What a wonderful way to start the day… This Psalm bursts on to the page with an exuberant display and declaration of the wonders of our God.

Clap your hands, all you nations;

shout to God with cries of joy.

For the LORD Most High is awesome,

the great King over all the earth (1-2).

From here the Psalmist recites some of the wonders and great things God has done for His people.

It is good to delight in God. It is good to sing God’s praises. It is good to get excited about God and marvel in the wonderful things He has done.

I sit on a beautiful morning… a light breeze brushing my cheeks. Thousands of colors and hues dance in the sunlight as nature shines. God made it all. The Lord created and then placed me in the midst of the world to see and enjoy it. Oh, the wonders of the Lord, my God.

There was a Saturday on my recent trip to Africa when my computer was down to almost no charge and I had much work to do. The computer sent me a message that would have to ‘go to sleep unless I plugged it into a power source.’ I packed up and went in search of electricity. I walked everywhere on campus… no electricity anywhere.  Kai… I walked back to my room. ‘What would I do?’ I sat down at my computer to make sure everything was saved. 2% battery! As I was about to close my laptop, I heard the sound of the electricity coming on. God, be praised. I worked and charged my computer for many hours the rest of that day.

This is a small thing, but a God thing…

Clap my hands, William Gestal;

shout to God with cries of joy.

For the LORD Most High is awesome,

the great King over all the earth

And so I sat this morning remembering and thanking God for the many ways, BIG and small, that He has shown Himself to be an awesome and most high God!

Praise be to the Lord…

praise the Lord most high.

Strike the drum, sound the trumpet;

crash the symbol, pluck the strings

Clap your hands, all you nations;

shout to God with cries of joy.

For the LORD Most High is awesome,

the great King over all the earth

Alleluia. Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment