Wednesday, July 1: 2Corinthians 9- Generosity.

Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously (6).

How could I not spend time considering this verse? It just grabbed and pulled me in.

Generosity has many ways to be expressed. Paul moves directly to money, riches and giving, calling the Corinthians to complete the gift they promised.

The verse challenges me.   Am I giving generously?  If I am being stingy with what God has given me, life has a way of being stingy back. This is not some dollar for dollar exchange so much as a holistic way of seeing things.

But as I think about the law of sowing and reaping, I see its application in much more than just money.

Time… the more I use my time to glorify God, the more time I seem to have available.

Relationships… the more I give myself to relationships the more these relationships pour back into me. In my profession I see many couples, and as the years go by, they give less and less to their relationship. Maybe work gobbles up all there time.  Maybe they focus on the children rather than maintaining their couple relationship.  Maybe this or maybe that, but as the years mount, they give less and less to their couple relationship. Before they know it, they move past the children years and all of a sudden they find they have no relationship with one another. Someone calls this ‘married singles’… to people still married who have little or no relationship because they neglected to sow into their relationship for years.

When you sow generously, you reap generously…

As my time with the Lord winds down today, I am pondering how I might make generous use of all the Lord has given me…

My money, finances, and stuff,

My time,

My relationships,

My gifts, talents and abilities…

Lord, how might I use these for Your honor and glory? Lord, how might I used these to reflect Your goodness in my life? Lord, how might I sow richly into Your kingdom advance? I pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment