Thursday, July 30: Mark 16- A glorious day.

Central to the Christian Faith is the resurrection of Jesus. Simply put, no resurrection, no Christian faith.

Mark’s account is brief. At the tomb an angelic messenger gives the women this message. “Don’t be alarmed, You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid him. But go, tell his disciples and Peter, ‘He is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him, just as he told you.’ ” (6-7).

Three words changed the course of human eternity… He has risen!

The women were bewildered. The truth of the resurrection can be bewildering. It is utterly fantastic and beyond normal human existence. And yet, it is central to the Christian faith… Jesus died and rose again on the 3rd day!

It took the women some time to wrap their heads around this fact. It still takes some people time to come to grips with this truth, but it remains central to our faith.

I sat this morning not wrestling with its truth… I believe. Instead, I sat thinking about how it changes everything.

Since Jesus is raised, then all who believe in Him will also be raised. There is eternal life. My mind flips to John 3:16: For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Belief in Jesus is to be the orientation of my life… living for, serving, following Jesus, this is how one who believes lives…

Lord Jesus, may I live for You.   Give me strength when I am weak, clarity when I am confused, dogged determination when I am tired and a love for You which guides everything. Jesus, I pray this in Your name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment