Saturday, July 11: Psalm 51- Facing my sin.

I have never committed adultery. I have never had someone killed to cover up a sin; such is the background of this Psalm of David. But I have sinned. I have grieved God and hurt other people and I have tried to cover it up, so this Psalm touches a sore spot in my life. Even though it confronts me with my sin, this Psalm leads me to confession and joy of restoration when I am honest with God and confess my sin.

Such is the dance of the Spirit I engage in this morning. Facing my sin, confessing my sin, experiencing the love of God flood and energize my life.  Then renewing my commitment to make His name known to others.

Lord, You are so good. You receive me back no matter what. You embrace me with Your love. You set my feet on Your solid ground. Oh to experience Your love and forgiveness, there is no sweeter breakfast in all the world. There is no sweeter way to start the day. You are good and I bow before Your goodness. Thank You, O Lord, for Jesus who purchased my pardon and forgives all my sins on the cross. Praise to You Father, Jesus and Spirit. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment