Saturday, January 16: Genesis 6- A very sad picture.

The LORD saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time (5).

The stain of sin from forbearers, Adam and Eve, in the garden was growing darker and darker by the generation. I sometimes think the same thing when I hear the daily news. How evil we can be… how evil we have become.

It is much easier to write this with the generic ‘we’.,, that way I don’t have to face the sin in me. But God wouldn’t let me off the hook that easily.

The Spirit’s voice penetrated my façade. “Bill, your sin is part of the problem.” And I dropped to my knees (figuratively).

I need Your forgiveness, Lord, I prayed. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment