Wednesday, January 6: Psalm 87- to belong to God.

The Psalmist glories in God’s home on earth, Zion the city of the great king. To be registered among those born of God’s city, to be a child of the great city is to be a child God, the Psalmist delights in his heritage as one of God’s own…

I found myself marveling at the wonder of being God’s, a child of God’s family, born again into God’s house, adopted into God’s family.

There is no better heritage.

Born into slavery to the evil one, God rescued me. Destined for Gehenna, God saved me. The Lord opened wide His arms of love and welcomed me into His abode and family. Nothing I did warranted this grace. It was pure love and grace and mercy on God’s part.

Like the Psalmist, my heart begins to sing…

Praise to You, Lord, God, my Savior and my God. You welcomed me into Your house and home, You welcomed me into Your family. You gave me a new name and a new future… You prize me with Your love and offer me more than my heart could ever have dreamed of.

I sit this morning… full of thanks for the One who loves and saved me… Praise be to the Lord, the Almighty, the King of glory, my God. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment