Saturday, January 2: Psalm 84- A great way to start the year.

My heart delighted as my eyes lit on the words of this Psalm. How lovely is your dwelling place, LORD Almighty! My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the LORD; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God (1-2).

What a great way to start the New Year to yearn for the Lord… to cry out to the Lord. I just want to pray…

Lord, may this year mark dramatic growth in You. May my heart be stirred and my will conformed to be more like You. Give me the strength to be counter-cultural; living Your values, not mine or my world’s.

Lord, lead me not into temptation, help me resist the press of the world to fit into its mold, rather transform me by the renewing of my mind. Call me to higher heights and deep trust in You.

I dedicate 2016 to You, Lord. May my living for You be obvious to others. This I pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment