Wednesday, January 27: Genesis 15- God provides.

Faith to believe, to take God at His word. Even after 40 years, faith does not necessarily come easily to me. As I read this account I realized it didn’t always come easily to Abram either. I guess I am in good company!

The Lord has already promised to make Abram into a great nation. Now God promises to be Abe’s shield and His ‘very great reward.’ It seems that the mention of reward reminds Abram that he doesn’t have a natural heir!

Clearly being childless continues to bring great pain to Abram.

I wondered if our pains are part of what keep us from taking God at His Word? I wondered if my pains, fears, hurts, failures keep me from taking God at His Word?

Wow, I step back for a moment and marvel how the great word to Abram can spark these wonderings and thoughts in me. We are complex aren’t we…

One profoundly touching aspect of this chapter is that God does not leave Abram alone in his fear or pain. God steps into Abe’s fear and pain to be with him. God also gives Abram the assurances he needs to believe.

My thoughts flipped back to my life… how often God provides what I need to overcome my fear and pain so that I too can believe.

The Lord God is so amazingly good!!!

Lord, my thoughts and devotions have taken some interesting twists today… landing on the wonder of Your presence with me. Lord, You help me believe! When I doubt or when pain and fear block faith, You don’t leave me in utter unbelief, You help me overcome my unbelief and move to belief.

You are wonderful and mighty, Lord. and I bless Your name!!!! Thank You for leading me into faith. I praise You in and through Jesus, my Lord. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment