Saturday, January 9: Titus 3- The gospel in a couple of sentences.

But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life. This is a trustworthy saying. And I want you to stress these things, so that those who have trusted in God may be careful to devote themselves to doing what is good. These things are excellent and profitable for everyone (4-8).

As Paul winds down his commissioning letter to Titus, he offers a Gospel summary to seal his call to faith and obedience.

We are saved, not by our own righteousness or goodness, but because of God’s kindness and mercy. God cleaned us through the work of Jesus, applied to our lives by Holy Spirit. Grace flooded our lives and we became heirs to the hope of eternal life. Because of this we are to devote ourselves to doing good!

The Gospel… through belief in Jesus we are shown mercy and grace, are adopted into God’s family, and given an eternal inheritance.  And because God is with us we now can and should live lives of good toward others…

I am so thankful that God saved me by His grace and action and I know that God will see me home by His sustaining power in my life through the agency of the Holy Spirit.

Thinking about this I am wondering what I might do today to thank and love God back for all the love He has poured into my life!!!

Do you know the saving love of God activated through faith in Jesus Christ?

I hope you do… if so, praise God for His love and serve Him with your life.

If not… please reach out to the Lord for His love, forgiveness, grace and mercy…

God, thank You for reaching down with mercy and love and saving me… saving everyone who calls on Jesus. I praise You and I love You. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment