Monday, December 19: Psalm 148- Praise the Lord.

Praise the LORD.

Praise the LORD from the heavens;

praise him in the heights above.

Praise him, all his angels; praise him,

all his heavenly hosts.

Praise him, sun and moon;

praise him, all you shining stars.

Praise him, you highest heavens

and you waters above the skies (1-4).

I have had an emotionally rough last few days. To open the Bible and see the words Praise the Lord repeated so often brought calm and peace to my heart.

My heart just relaxed with thoughts of the Lord; after all the Lord is in control.

I know I know this, but Psalm 148 was a perfect reminder for me to Praise the Lord. Praying this Psalm not just reading it, caused my heart to focus on the Lord. I cannot say that the stresses of the recent days are completely gone but I have renewed perspective.  Praising God reminds me that God is in control of my life and the affairs of my world. This is no guarantee that all things will work out as I would like, but I submitted my will to the Lord’s will many years ago. And I have no plans to reneg on my submission to the Lord and His will and way.

Some days I am realizing it is just plain good and right to Praise the Lord. And today in one of those days…

Praise the Lord.

Praise the Lord for his goodness and presence.

Praise the Lord for his faithfulness and love.

Praise the Lord that He is with me on good days and bad,

      When emotions are on overload and when things are calm.

Praise the Lord.

Yes, I will praise the Lord. Amen and amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment