Saturday, December 24: 2Corinthians 3- Being transformed.

And we... are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit (18).

The thought of being transformed into His (Jesus’) image captured my thoughts as I sat with this chapter open before me.

It is Christmas eve, in a few hours I will gather with my family and church family to celebrate Jesus’ birth so long ago. It is easy to sentimentalize the baby in a manger, but Jesus grew and His words, death, life and teaching changed the world.

And in a brief stroke of a pen, Paul explains the goal of the Christian faith... to be transformed into Jesus’ image.

With thoughts of the manger foremost in my thoughts today, humility rises as a first character trait into which I should be transforming. There are so many more traits of Jesus in which we need to grow.

In these silent moments on this Christmas Eve, God whispers, “Watch my Son, study my Son, read His words, understand their meaning... this is the best beginning to a life that emulates my Son.”

Oh, Father, may I live up to Your bidding. Supply in lavish amounts Your blessed Holy Spirit in my life that I might have Your power and voice within to guide me in my transforming. I pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment