Saturday, December 17: Psalm 147- Delighting in the Lord.

[The Lord’s] pleasure is not in the strength of the horse, nor his delight in the legs of the warrior; the LORD delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love (10-11).

This was so helpful today… it just drew me in. The Lord does not incline toward human strength but rather those who delight in Him.

In our world where strength and might rule, where the one with the biggest gun wins, it gives me peace to think that such is not God’s way.

God delights in people who fear Him… people who reverence and understand His greatness.

The Lord delights in people who put their honor in His love, love which never fails.

On the eve of worship this 3rd Sunday of Advent, my heart warms as I consider the love of God who would become human in order to connect with us and save the likes of us.

I submit and I surrender and I bask in the delights of the Lord…

What a wonderful way to live on this eve of worship.

Praise to the Lord who reigns on high who rides in majesty… Praise to the Lord who left it all to save a sinner like me. Halleluiah! Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment