Friday, June 2: 2Samuel 14- Speaking truthfully.

All I kept thinking about was deception. How much of life is filled with deception. People telling half-truths or all out lies to get their way. People thinking they know what is best for someone else so they manipulate the situation to get a person to act. Case in point was Joab who resorted to a rouse to get the king to bring his son back.

Paul counsels the Ephesians to put off falsehood and speak truthfully to your neighbor, for we are all members of one body (Ephesians 4:25). How many interpersonal problems would be avoided if we could live up to Paul’s counsel?

How truthful are you with your circle of friends, coworkers and neighbors? How truthful am I?

My thoughts for today…

Lord, I surrender my tongue to You. Purge wickedness from my lips.  I pray through Jesus, my Lord’s name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment