Thursday, June 1: 2Samuel 13- Nothing good comes from sweeping sin under the rug.

The Lord promised that calamity would not depart David’s family due to his treachery with Bathsheba… “This is what the LORD says: ‘Out of your own household I am going to bring calamity on you. Before your very eyes I will take your wives and give them to one who is close to you, and he will sleep with your wives in broad daylight. You did it in secret, but I will do this thing in broad daylight before all Israel’ ” (2 Samuel 12:11-12).

Today we read the beginning of God’s fulfillment of His Word to David.

David is faithful but he is not perfect. David chose not to deal with Amnon’s rape of his sister. His inaction gave Absalom time to brood and scheme.

Nothing good comes from sweeping sin under the rug. Nothing.

As I typed in the last thought, God jolted me. “Bill, here is your meditation moment for the morning.”

Nothing good comes from sweeping sin under the rug. Nothing.

This is true personally and in family or other systems. Sin unchecked, unrepented sin grows, whether under the surface or on top of the surface, sin grows.

Repentance and confession –“Roundup” for the soul –is needed. We have to admit and confess our sin and turn from it, only this can kill it from the root.

Oh, God, help me to face me… the true me… the sin-filled me and to bring my sin to You in confession and repentance. Oh, God, help me to bring all the systems I am a part of to You in confession and repentance.  That You will root out the sin and replace it with godliness and grace. I pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment