Monday, June 12: 2Samuel 22- A key to true life.

More than any one specific line of this psalm, it was the entirety that spoke to me in the quiet of my morning. David, king of Israel, in spite of his personal glories and after terrible heartache, takes time to pen praise to his Lord.

What world leader today would take time out of his/her busy schedule to pen a psalm to the Lord? And we know David did this often, given the number of psalms in the Psalter bearing his name.

What Corporate CEO pauses to express her/his delight in the Lord?

David, king of a world power and leader of the military, takes time to let his heart sing to the Lord…

Do I do this? Far too many pastors are so busy that in their press for time they allow their professional sermon or Bible study prep to double as their personal time with the Lord.

David is an excellent example of a man, a busy man, who maintained a life-giving relationship with the Lord through thick and thin. And this, it seems to me, is the key to true life…

Oh, Lord, to sit with You… to speak with You… to be with You is my delight. May this always be so. I pray through Jesus, my Savior. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment