Tuesday, July 18: 2Kings 7- Stubborn kings and hardened hearts.

Elisha predicts and God executed an incredible miracle that saved the life of the people of Samaria.  However, where is the repentance? Where is the return to the Lord? Nowhere to be found.

I continue to be dumb founded by Israel’s lack of response to the Lord’s graciousness. Why can’t the leaders see what the Lord is doing for them?

I have no adequate answer, at least from the human plane, why some believe and some do not. Whether it is in the Old Testament or New, the first, second or third millennia following Christ, responses are the same. Some turn to God in belief and others do not. Why I do not know.

I am left to fall on the mercy of God. The most outstanding preaching and the most wonderful miracles do not guarantee people will repent.

I am left to fall on the mercy of God and pray for God to soften hearts, to open eyes and ears to the wonder of Jesus and God’s invitation to reconciliation through faith in Jesus Christ.

I will continue to preach and teach for that is my calling from the Lord and I will pray that the Holy Spirit opens hearts to the saving work of Jesus.

I challenge every reader to do likewise. Do whatever it is God is calling you to do and to pray…  pray that the Holy Spirit opens hearts to the saving work of Jesus.

Oh, Lord, day after day remind me to pray for open hearts and lives receptive to Jesus. I pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment