Friday, December 15: Song of Songs 7- Oh Lord what a blessing you are.

I struggled to find a God-oriented devotional moment in this chapter. Love words between a lover and his beloved didn’t draw me. So I sat and waited for the nudge of the Lord and His beckoning voice.

Thoughts and love for my wife began to bubble in my thoughts. She is such a gift from the Lord and from this my thoughts bounced to the Lord. Oh, Lord, what a blessing You are. You are the giver of such good gifts. You are the Lover of my soul. You watch over me and care for me.

So as I sat, I thought about the Lord, His love speaking over me…

Lord God, how blessed I am to be your child. You love with a love that is beyond any human love. You love unconditionally, not because I look appealing; You love because You are love. I am so grateful, Lord, to have had my eyes open to Your love. I praise and bless You, Lord. Thank You for this time in Your presence. Through Jesus, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment