Tuesday, December 26: 1John 3- Love lavished on us.

With all the decorations of Christmas around me, I was attracted to verse 1. See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!…

Love lavished on us, isn’t that what Christmas is truly about? God lavishing His love on us by sending Jesus to become one of us. Amazing.

The story of the Incarnation never gets old for me. That God would become human to save a sinner like me! That God would become human to invite me back into God’s family and adopt me as one of His children… even more amazing!

Today I sat and I thought about the great gifts of God that come with Jesus.

·         Love

·         Forgiveness

·         Redemption

·         Adoption

·         A new family

·         An inheritance that will never spoil

·         Presence

·         Peace….

The list goes on and on and I am forever grateful and filled with wonder at God’s lavish love for me, for you, for the world.

Alleluia! Christ is born today! The hymn writer sings. O, God, I am so blessed by being Your son. Thank You and bless You for Your lavish love. In Christ’s name I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment