Saturday, December 16: Song of Songs 8- The love of God.

Again I struggled with connecting this chapter with the Lord. Much of my time in this book has been a devotional struggle.

I decided to read another translation, the Message, and verse 7 reached out to me. Flood waters can't drown love, torrents of rain can't put it out. Love can't be bought, love can't be sold— it's not to be found in the marketplace (MSG).

True love is a gift…and it cannot be bartered for or purchased. True love, real love, God’s love cannot be drowned out either.

I found myself pondering God’s ‘agape’ love. How deep and wide and long it is.  Romans 8 came to mind.

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? … No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord (Romans 8:35, 37-39).

Such is the love of Jesus, the Father and the Spirit. It is a love that gives and gives, and will not be broken.

What joy fills my heart; I ponder the deep, deep love of God for me.

Oh. Lord, I am so blessed by Your unconditional love… Your love that is a free gift. I don’t have to buy it or earn it. It is just given by You. I am overwhelmed by Your incredible love… which comes to me through faith in Jesus. Praise to You, Lord God…

I pray through Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment