Monday, October 10: Isaiah 40- A Corner turned.

The stinging rebukes of the previous chapters have dramatically shifted to comfort, tenderness, strength, and care. What a shift….

Comfort, comfort my people, says your God. Speak tenderly to Jerusalem, and proclaim to her that her hard service has been completed, that her sin has been paid for, that she has received from the LORD's hand double for all her sins. … And the glory of the LORD will be revealed, and all mankind together will see it. For the mouth of the LORD has spoken" (1-2, 5)

He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young (11).

Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint (28-30).

I sit and soak in these words…

Dawn is breaking outside as I ponder these words. The world is beginning to brighten; a perfect metaphor for what is happening in my soul. God’s love and care, tenderness and comfort are breaking into my life.

Alleluia for the Lord our God the, Almighty reigns, His forgiveness is real, His love is deep!

O, Lord God, my soul sings, my soul sings of Your wonder and greatness, Your mercy and tenderness. I feel my spirit being renewed by Your Word… Alleluia, You reign. You triumph. You bring hope and a future…

In the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, my heart sings and prays this morn. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment