Thursday, October 27: Isaiah 55- God's word is alive.

Magnificent… what a chapter… what promises! My heart soared. I could have lingered anywhere within this chapter and would have been richly blessed by my Lord.

I chose to linger on verses 8-11: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

[My word] will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. That’s why I sit and read most every day. That’s why I read and re-read and re-re-read God’s Word regularly. Because every time I spend time with God’s Word, it accomplishes a godly purpose in my life. Sometimes God convicts, sometimes God challenges, sometimes God comforts or cares, sometimes God blesses… often times God does more than one thing in my life and every time God does something. Reading, pondering, studying God’s word is NEVER void.  God is always active.

I hope you have discovered God’s Word to be alive and real as you have been reading with me…

O, God, thank You for your invitation to Come, thirsty as I am, to the life quenching waters You provide. Thank You, Lord, that You invite me to come without cost. Thank you, Holy One, for all the blessings You provide without cost to me… thank You. Bless You. Love You… in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment