Tuesday, October 4: Isaiah 35- Encouragement.

In college my Christian fellowship group sang a song that went like this (I think I got the words right, but it has been a long time since I have sung this song).

Therefore the redeemed of the Lord will return

And come with singing unto Zion

And everlasting joy will be upon their heads.

 

They shall obtain gladness and joy

And mourning and crying will flee away.

 

Therefore the redeemed of the Lord shall return…

And so it went. I remember leaders and friends with guitars strumming away as 35 of us sang and prayed and read scripture together.

What I didn’t realize until today is that the song we sang came from Isaiah 35:9-10: … the redeemed … of the LORD will return. They will enter Zion with singing; everlasting joy will crown their heads. Gladness and joy will overtake them, and sorrow and sighing will flee away.

Having this memory pop up was so encouraging. Oh how God has been with me and watched over me these three and a half decades. God is faithful.

And God’s Words which once encouraged His people a millennia ago, encouraged a small band of believers in college and continues to encourage me to this day. There is a day coming when God will right all wrongs and bring His people home with joy and singing. Gladness and joy will overtake us, and sorrow and sighing will flee away forever. Hallelujah! Amen!

Thank You, God…

Blessed be the name of the Lord. Blessed be the name of the Lord. Blessed be the name of the Lord, most high…

 

No comments:

Post a Comment