Wednesday, October 26: Isaiah 54- God keeps His word.

I felt a bit distracted as I read… this happens sometimes. I summoned more concentration and read again. The second and third verses caught my eye…..a promise from God, a promise to the nation, to His people.

Enlarge the place of your tent, stretch your tent curtains wide, do not hold back; lengthen your cords, strengthen your stakes. For you will spread out to the right and to the left; your descendants will dispossess nations and settle in their desolate cities.

Thousands of years earlier God promised to make Abraham’s offspring as numerous as the stars in the sky. Despite Israel’s sins and rebellions God maintained the promise, and here He gives it again, different word-pictures but in essence, the same.

God keeps His word. As I typed that last sentence, I was struck by the profound nature of those simple 4 words. God keeps His Word!

Who God says I am as a child of His… I am

What God says He will do… He does

The promises God made… He will keep!

Years ago I read a book by Neil Anderson titled, Victory Over the Darkness Realizing the Power of Your Identity in Christ (Ventura, CA: Regal, 1990, 2000). In it he lists over 80 scriptural promises and statements God has made about who we, as believers, are in Christ. With Dr. Anderson’s permission I combined his lists into a booklet. It is a powerful thing to read through what God says to and about us as His children.  It gets even better because God keeps His word; every promise and statement He made is assured!

Lord, I am so thankful and blessed that You keep Your Word and that You honor Your promises. I find my security in Your surety! Blessed be Your name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment