Saturday, October 29: Isaiah 57- God my refuge.

In every time there are those who follow the Lord God and those who do not. It was so in Isaiah’s day and it is so in ours. As God lays out His redemption message, God makes sure not to give false hope to those who choose their own way rather than follow God and God’s way.

This chapter speaks to both sets of people…

I drew strength from what God says in verse 13b: … the man who makes me his refuge will inherit the land and possess my holy mountain.

My safety net is to make God my refuge… to make God the one I turn to and run to in times of trouble, heartache and fear… to make God the one who is the anchor and bedrock of my life.

The word-picture of inheriting the land and possessing my holy mountains spoke security, care, protection and provision to the people of Israel. All who took refuge in the Lord would be under the Lord’s security, care, protection and provision. And that’s where I want to be, under the Lord God’s watchful hand.

Frankly, this is particularly true in these present uncertain times.

O, Lord, my God, You are my rock and fortress, an ever present help in times of trouble. You are my refuge and my protection. I will hide myself under the shadow of Your wings.

Guide me into Your ways, that I may live for You.

Thank you for watching over me … I love you. I pray this in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment