Tuesday, October 11: Isaiah 41- I have chosen you.

My eyes and heart latched on to a word from the middle of this chapter. Speaking to Israel God said:

… I called you. I said, 'You are my servant'; I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand (9-10).

As I connected these words with my life, I felt at peace. God took the burden. God produces the outcome. My life rests in God’s sovereign hands.

First I noticed all the “I’s”, which refer to God… I did this, I did that… God did it all!

Next I rested in the verbs: chose ‘me’ and did not reject ‘me,’ is with ‘me,’ strengthened and helped ‘me’ and upholds ‘me.’ I sat in awe of all God’s gifts. God’s caring for me!

Lastly, I looked at my role.  I am to be God’s servant. And even more I need not fear or be dismayed because God is my God!

Awe, wonder, amazement wash over me…

Thank You, Lord God, for all You have done for me. Words escape me. I am in Your mighty, caring and outstretched hands. Thank You… Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment