Tuesday, October 18: Isaiah 47- OUR Redeemer.

In the midst of this chapter, which is all about judging Babylon, one love verse stuck out as I was reading. Verse 4, it seemed almost out of place and yet it beckoned me to meditate upon it. After reading the chapter I went back to verse 4 and tried to soak myself in it. Our Redeemer--the LORD Almighty is His name-- is the Holy One of Israel.

Redeemer –one who saves, one who comes to the rescue of another. Additionally, the redeemer being talked about is the Lord Almighty. God, Himself, is the Redeemer.

As I read it again, I noticed the word our. Not only is Isaiah declaring the wonders of the Lord, he personalizes who God is for him and all of Israel. This led me to contemplate my relationship with the Lord; how God Almighty has redeemed me…

… salvation in Jesus Christ,

… sins forgiven, past present and in the future,

… the troubles God has helped me through,

… the sins God, the Holy Spirit, has helped me avoid

As my thoughts multiplied, I sat in awe of God who has and continues to redeem me!

My heart began to soar…

My redeemer lives, my redeemer live… I know he rescued my soul I know he rescued my soul. His blood has covered my sins. I believe, I believe

Alleluia, my redeemer lives… He is Jesus. Amen!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment