Friday, December 30: Jeremiah 3- Watch your example

In verses 6-10 God spoke of Israel’s (the northern kingdom) unfaithfulness and how Judah (the southern kingdom) watched and then committed similar sins and adulteries. Two times, in fact, God references Israel’s example impacting Judah. Both times it was a negative impact. Judah watched Israel sin and followed suit.

I mused about one’s example. It seems so easy, so natural, so human, to transfer negative, God-dishonoring qualities to others… my children and those close to me in particular. I sit here under the weight of my sin, realizing that in addition to dirtying my life, it has touched and influenced others negatively as well.

God, I don’t understand why it seems so easy to influence someone negatively and so hard to influence them for good. That doesn’t seem fair?!

And as I thought about this I saw again the depravity of the human heart.  We are (I am) sin-filled and corrupt…

Lord God, the only answer is the atoning work of Jesus and the infilling of the Holy Spirit. Only then can my sins be forgiven and I can have the strength and ability to live for You, O God.

Thank You, Jesus, for saving me. Holy Spirit, fill me, use me, transform me to be more and more like Jesus every passing day of my life…

To You –Father, Son and Holy Spirit, be the honor and the glory for ever and ever. Amen

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment