Monday, December 26: Matthew 27- Dead.

The glories of Christmas still ring in my ears and wonderful carols still waft through my home and yet, I sit today reading of Jesus’ torture and death. Today’s reading ends with the lifeless body of Jesus lying cold and still in a guarded tomb. Jesus is dead!

How can beauty turn to ashes so quickly?

I celebrated gold, frankincense, myrrh and homage to the babe yesterday and today I read of Jesus’ pitied death.

Yesterday I celebrated what angels sang at His birth and today ugly crowds called for Barabbas, instead of Jesus, They hurled insults at Jesus as He hung dying for their sins.

Life is anything but steady state, emotions and situations fluctuate broadly. Up one moment, down the next…

Through it all Jesus is there… always present. One momentHe sat on His rightful throne in heaven, the next He was a seed planted in the womb of Mary. And yet there was not one single moment that He was not Lord of All.

The wonder of the faith is that this Lord of glory became a man so that He might teach us the way of God and then die in our place so that we could be restored to a vital and living relationship with God … Alleluia!

Lord Jesus, thank You for saving me… for all You did so that I (we) could be saved… Thank You for the marvel of Your incarnation and Your sacrificial death… Thank You. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment