Thursday, December 29: Jeremiah 2- Are you walking with the Lord

A scathing rebuke of Israel, that’s chapter two. From opening to closing, Chapter two is God’s indictment against Israel. They have run after other gods. There is not one positive word spoken to Israel in this chapter. Not one!

As 2011 draws to a close, I find myself reflecting on the year past and thinking about the year ahead. God’s rebuke of Israel causes me to review my life foundations. I have not run after other gods… as least as completely and recklessly as Israel. But I have dallied. There are chinks in my faithfulness and areas of my life where I have not surrendered , where I listen to and follow other voices than the Lord.

My food for thought today… I don’t want to become an Israel, faithless and pursuing other gods. Self-examination and confession are my only defense…

Lord, if there be any wickedness in me, search it out and destroy it. Discipline me as needed so that my life might shine for You, my life might point to You, my words sing of You.

I pray this in the name of the One who rescued me and who ransomed me with His own blood…. Jesus, the king of glory. In His name powered by the Holy Spirit, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment