Wednesday, December 7: Matthew 11- What's your resume?

 

John, wondering if Jesus is the Christ, sends disciples to ask Jesus. Jesus answers not with a direct ‘yes or no’, but rather Jesus cites His resume. Jesus replied, Go back and report to John what you hear and see: The blind receive sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy are cured, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the good news is preached to the poor (4-5). Jesus understood that John would know the answer to his question hearing what Jesus did and taught. Jesus’ Words and actions were congruent… forming quite a resume.

This got me to thinking.  What’s my resume? If someone were to ask me if I were a Christ-follower, what resume could I produce? First, let’s set aside miracle-working before I probe my resume.

Do I have a legacy of caring for those in need and speaking of Jesus’ Good News to the poor? Do I? Do you?

Worth thinking about… at least it is for me! (And a bit sobering, too.  What am I doing with my life for Jesus and His kingdom?)

Father, help me to hear and see and DO the good works You have prepared for me to do (Ephesians 2:10). I long for my light to shine that others may see my good works and praise You (Matthew 5:16) because I do them in Your name, by Your leading and through Your strength. Through Jesus, I pray. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment