Monday, December 5: Matthew 9- The crush of needs.

As I read this chapter, I found myself thinking….how did Jesus do it? One need after another, it seemed like the line of people never stopped. How did Jesus maintain approachability? How did he keep his composure? I sat and marveled at how Jesus was willing to give and give and give!

The text is silent about my wonderings but I sat amazed at Jesus. Here He is the one and only Son making time for everyone who came to Him with a need.

My selfishness is so readily apparent compared to Jesus’ selflessness. I am in awe of Him who came to save me…

Lord Jesus, I am not even sure how or what to pray. I am awed by Your love for people.  You turn no one away. Instead, You bend over to care for people. O, Lord, I simply want to thank and praise You.  You have never turned me away. I am so blessed to be Yours.

Jesus, help me please to learn the care for people that You displayed. Lead me and guide me. Holy Spirit, teach me to be more like Jesus.  In His name I pray. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment