Friday, February 3: Jeremiah 33- ALL.

I was captured by God’s promise of restoration and forgiveness for Israel and Judah through Jeremiah. Verse 6-9 capture the sentiments and promises of God wonderfully. …I will bring health and healing to it; I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security. I will bring Judah and Israel back from captivity and will rebuild them as they were before. I will cleanse them from all the sin they have committed against me and will forgive all their sins of rebellion against me. Then this city will bring me renown, joy, praise and honor before all nations on earth that hear of all the good things I do for it; and they will be in awe and will tremble at the abundant prosperity and peace I provide for it.

The three letter word ALL stood out as I read these words. I will cleanse them from ALL the sin they have committed against me and will forgive ALL their sins of rebellion against me. All, every one, each and every one, every single one… that is a compelling statement and promise. God will wipe the slate perfectly clean… cleansing and forgiving all their sins.

And then even better news is that in the NT God extends that same promise to everyone who admits and confesses their sins to God.

In 1John 1:9 we read: If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. There is that 3 letter word again… he [God] … will forgive us our sins and purify us from ALL unrighteousness.

I love it!  We confess and God forgives everything and wipes the slate of our life clean.

Today’s reading invites me to sit with the Lord and confess, knowing that when I do, He forgives me totally and completely for ALL my sins… a pretty amazing promise and offer, if you ask me…

Oh, Lord God, thank You. I make my confession now. Father, Son and Holy Spirit. please forgive me for    (fill in your sins )   …

Lord, I pray this in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment