Saturday, February 11: Jeremiah 40- Guidance.

Chapter 40 ends at an odd place with the account of Gedaliah continuing into chapter 41. So I decided to sit and meditate on the opening portion of chapter 40. After reading through the entire chapter and into 41, I went back and reread verses 1-6…

I was amazed how God used Nebuzaradan, commander of the Babylon army, to speak so specifically to Jeremiah. In a matter of fact manner, Nebuzaradan explains God’s actions and Jeremiah’s options, guiding Jeremiah to his decision.

God uses so many ways to lead and guide us…  His written word, the apt comment of a friend, coworker, or in this case, a relative stranger. God uses a prompting placed in our heart and mind, and human reason. God sometimes speaks directly to us through voice or picture. Examples of all of these are found in scripture.

What amazes me is that God speaks with and to us. God really does have a plan and path for us and I believe if we listen, God will lead and guide us in paths that will bring Him glory and honor and serve others along the way…

Praise to the Lord, the Almighty, the king of creation. O, my soul sings for He is my strength and salvation…

Praise to the Lord, the Almighty, who leads us in paths of righteousness for His name sake…

Praise to the Lord, the Almighty, who gently sustains us…

All you who hear, now to His presence draw near. Yes, draw near to the Lord… through faith in Jesus, I pray. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment