Wednesday, February 1: Jeremiah 31- Loved by God.

My heart soars! what a blessing! What a gift! What an encouraging and uplifting chapter.

Loved by God… One of the first “words” I heard was the word ‘love’. Verse 3: The LORD says: I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness. I soaked in that word. Israel, Judah, me, you… we are loved by God. Like a stain for wood, those words soaked into my life affecting me, changing me. God loves me. Wow!

Verses 10-11 He … will watch over his flock like a shepherd. For the LORD will ransom Jacob and redeem them from the hand of those stronger than they. Israel, Judah, me, you… God will watch over us like a shepherd His sheep. God will care for us. And then the word ‘redeemed’, ‘purchased’, ‘brought from slavery to freedom’….more words and thoughts to soak in.

For me these first two soakings led to verse 12. They will come and shout for joy on the heights of Zion; they will rejoice in the bounty of the LORD-- the grain, the new wine and the oil, the young of the flocks and herds. They will be like a well-watered garden, and they will sorrow no more. Shouts of joy and rejoicing…

That’s what I feel compelled to do… my heart is light because I am loved, watched over, and redeemed. What else can I do, what better response is there than SHOUTS OF JOY and REJOICING in the Lord my God!...

Praise to the Lord, the Almighty, the King of creation. Oh my soul sings for He is my help and salvation! All you who hear, now to His temple drawer near for He is our help and salvation!

Praise the name of Jesus. Praise the name of Jesus. He’s my rock, He’s my fortress, He’s my deliverer, in Him will I trust….

Blessed be the name of the Lord. Blessed be the name of the Lord. Blessed be the name of the Lord my God…

Lord my heart sings… for You, my Lord, my God, my Savior… Alleluia. Amen!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment