Monday, February 20: Jeremiah 47- Due Date.

God lifts His eyes from Israel and begins to speak to the surrounding countries… to the Philistines, judgment.

These are unpleasant words; judgment always is. The rebellion, the sin, the running after false gods, and the sin-filled behaviors of Philistia are reaping their harsh verdict.

When I run up a tab on my credit card, eventually payment is due. When people live opposed to the Lord, eventually payment is due…

Why is the gift of forgiveness through Jesus so wonderful and so great? Because Jesus makes the payment for us, which wipes our slate clean. Forgiveness through Jesus gives us a fresh start. We don’t have to end up like Philistia.

1 John 1:9: If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Lord, thank You for the gift of forgiveness. I confess that I have sinned… in my mind, through my mouth and things I have said and in my actions…

Forgive me please.

And give me the will and strength to change my ways and follow You more faithfully and honorably. Through Jesus, my Savior, I pray. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment