Saturday, February 4: Jeremiah 34- Guidance.

This entire chapter is God speaking to King Zedekiah and the people of Jerusalem. In this case God used Jeremiah as His prophet to Zedekiah.

What caught my eye was the fact that God spoke and directed Zedekiah. God gave him a promise about the days to come and God corrected sins the people had committed under Zedekiah’s watch. God was engaged in the life of His people.

I thought about my last sentence. God was engaged in the life of His people. The God revealed in the Bible is engaged in the life of His people. He cares about how they live and what they do. He watches over them (see Psalm 121) and looks out for them. He corrects them when they stray and encourages them when encouragement is needed.

The God of the Scriptures is not some distant, detached God! No, He is intimately connected with His people.

And God still is. God still speaks, through His Word, through the Spirit, through spiritual gifts bestowed upon the church (1Corinthians 12). God watches over his people and cares for His people…

I sat and marveled at the God I (we) serve, His might and power and the intimate relationship He longs to have with us…

God is good and His love endures for ever, His faithfulness to all generations.

Thank You, Lord, for caring about me. To most in the world I am unknown. To my country and my back I am a number, but to You, O Lord, I am known deeply and intimately. You know my name, the hairs on my head and You hold my days from beginning to end in Your hands.

I am safe and secure in You.

And so my heart sings Your praises… Alleluia. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment