Tuesday, February 21: Jeremiah 48- God keeps His word.

 

Almost 130 years before Jeremiah’s word of woe to Moab, God indicted Moab through the ministry of the prophet Amos. This is what the LORD says: "For three sins of Moab, even for four, I will not turn back [my wrath]. Because he burned, as if to lime, the bones of Edom's king, I will send fire upon Moab that will consume the fortresses of Kerioth. Moab will go down in great tumult amid war cries and the blast of the trumpet. I will destroy her ruler and kill all her officials with him," says the LORD (Amos 2:1-3).

We are working our way though the book of Amos at my church, so these words were in my mind as I read Jeremiah this morning.

Two thoughts circled in my musings. One, the Lord is consistent. He is who He is and His Word doesn’t change. And in line with this, God does what He says He will do. God follows through. When it comes to judgment, God offers grace upon grace, inviting people to believe and return, but He always keeps His Word.

I find much comfort in God’s consistency and faithfulness. I can lean on Him, I can trust Him and I can know Him through His Word. What stability that gives to my life.

Lord God, thank You that I can trust You, I can lean on YOU and support my life on Your unshakable foundation. Thank You, Lord, that Your Word is true. Help me to build my life on You and Your Word. You are trustworthy and mighty. I profess my faith in You and my love for You. Through Jesus, I pray. Amen. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment