Saturday, August 25: Amos 9 - So far beyond us.

I found myself marveling at God. Who is this God who has the right and ability to judge and from whom no one can escape? I read, re-read and pondered verses 2&3: Though they dig down to the depths of the grave, from there my hand will take them. Though they climb up to the heavens, from there I will bring them down. Though they hide themselves on the top of Carmel, there I will hunt them down and seize them. Though they hide from me at the bottom of the sea, there I will command the serpent to bite them. We cannot escape God… the grave, the heavens, the deepest sea and highest mountains all are within His view and reach.

These word pictures reach deep into my being… nothing is hidden, nothing gets past, no place is beyond the knowledge and reach of God.

Again, like one day last week, I find myself sitting in awe of God. His strength, power, knowledge, reach, etc.… so far beyond anything I can relate to. And yet, my awe grows because this same God longs to know me, to connect with me and to be in relationship with me. I am awed and humbled.

Alleluia… Amen. I have no words, just simple praise for God, my God, the One who saved me and loves me…

Alleluia. Praise to the Lord. Alleluia… Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment