Thursday, August 16: Amos 1 - the BIGness of God.

Having preached through Amos earlier this year, it will be interesting for me to read the book devotionally. I wonder if God will spark different issues as I read through it as connection time with my Lord.

I found myself marveling at God’s position far above all things we know and control here as we live on earth. I realize it is figurative language but to say when God speaks, pastures dry up and mountains wither, is to put God in a category so far above and beyond anything human. Words like ‘almighty’, ‘sovereign’, ‘all-powerful’ convey similar truths but do not capture the emotion of withering mountains and burning up pastures. God is so far beyond what we know!

And this ‘so-far-beyond-what-we-know’ God exercises his prerogative and judges the wrongs and errors of people and nations! He judges not on capricious whims but on the actions of lives… which means He knows what we have done and do! He knows!

I sat and marveled that this same ‘so-far-beyond-what-we-know’ God, wants to live in relationship with me!! This ‘so-far-beyond-what-we-know’ God reaches out to me through Jesus and invites me to know Him as Father, Protector, Redeemer, Counselor…

I find myself praising, thanking, adoring, and worshipping God –Father, Son and Holy Spirit- this morning with the remainder of my time…

Praise to the Lord, the Almighty, the King of Creation. Oh, my soul praise Him because He is my Help and Salvation…

Praise God from whom all blessing flow. Praise Him all creatures here below. Praise Him above you heavenly host. Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

Oh Oh praise Him. Oh Oh praise Him. Alleluia, Alleluia All-le-lu-u-ia!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment