Saturday, August 4: 2Timothy 1 - Staggered by God's plan.

For more than 35 years I have been walking with Jesus and I am still staggered by God’s plan and grace. It takes my breath away. [God] who has saved us and called us to a holy life--not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace (9). God did it all. He chose me, a lowly sinner, saved and called me for His purpose. That truth never ceases to blow me away!!! And God did it for you, too!!!

And God’s grace was sent forth before the beginning of time… talk about a mind-bending thought! This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time, but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel (10).

I sat and marveled.  Before time God did this! How can there be anything ‘before time?’ I am so puny compared with God and He still loves and graces and calls me for His own purpose. WOW! What an incredible thought to start my day! What an incredible thought to have on the eve of worship!

Oh, God, marinade this truth into my life so that tomorrow, in worship, it bursts forth with flavor and vigor as I gather with Your people and sing Your praises and worship You -Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment