Friday, September 14: Luke 12 - OMG.

Wow… following Jesus is anything but simple or easy.

Right out of the shoot, Jesus drops a shattering statement. Jesus began to speak first to his disciples, saying: "Be on your guard against the yeast of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy. There is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known (1-2).

I have heard and read this before but the veracity of these words hit me; nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known. My mind carried those words as I read the remainder of the chapter and with each succeeding major point I heard those words in the background… nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known.

Acknowledging Jesus… nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known.

Use of money and greed… nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known.

Worry; treatment of the poor… nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known.

Following Jesus is not for the faint of heart!

I have so much more to think on… How about you???

Lord, every word, every action, every motive scrutinized and disclosed. It is frightening. All I can do is fall before You and plead for mercy, covering myself in the blood of Jesus.  Forgive me, Lord. I am a sinner, sinful from birth. Redeem me and place in me a right heart.  I pray through my Savior, Jesus... Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment