Wednesday, September 5: Luke 4 - Do you have a special place?.

Luke chronicles an incredibe beginning of ministry. Jesus preaches and almost gets killed. He moves on and heals people. Jesus is a man of action. Then as the chapter draws to a close, verse 42 pops up.  At daybreak Jesus went out to a solitary place. ...

I was captivated by that simple comment. Despite His busy schedule, Jesus found time to be alone. Elsewhere we learn this was solitary time for prayer (see 5:16 as an example).

Jesus took time to be alone and Jesus took time to pray.

I ponder this for a while. How important it is to take time to be with the Father(!)? That’s my lesson for the day.

Lord, thank You for this gentle reminder of how important it is to spend time with You. And it is particularly important when I am most busy. Thank You, too, that You are always available and present to be with me (us). Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment