Tuesday, September 25: Luke 21 - Man on a mission.

Verses 37-38: Each day Jesus was teaching at the temple, and each evening he went out to spend the night on the hill called the Mount of Olives, and all the people came early in the morning to hear him at the temple.

Jesus was a man bent on His mission. He taught and He recharged. He taught and He recharged and people were drawn to him.

Two observations circled as I pondered this account.

First I noticed how Jesus recharged… the Mount of Olives was just outside the city. At the bottom was a small garden called Gethsemane. Maybe He spent time in the garden, maybe He opted for a favorite place on the mount, we are sure. We do know He didn’t go into a city and apparently didn’t stay with a friend. He went to the mount. Whenever Jesus went away from the crowds, He found alone space to recharge by being with His Father.

There is a lesson in this for me. When I am busy and hurried, when my to do list is filled and overflowing, I need to make room to spiritually recharge! Thank you, Jesus, for your example.

Number 2: People can be fickle. Luke says all the people came early in the morning to hear him at the temple. Here the people are hanging on His every Word. They couldn’t get enough of Him. In a very short while the people of Jerusalem will shout, “crucify Him” at His trial before Pilate.

Fickle, we humans are fickle especially when we are en-mass.

My thought is that I need to hold onto my core values and beliefs especially when I am in a group and most subject to the pressure of the group.

So much to think about and ponder in living for Jesus…

Lord, help me to grow to be a most faithful follower of Jesus.… Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment