Wednesday, September 26: Luke 22- Some deep wonderings.

I found myself wondering, how is it that I think my life should be cushy and I should experience as little disappointment and pain as possible? Where does that come from?

I call myself a Christ-follower… one who follows Jesus right?

I grew sad as I watched the path Jesus walked in Luke 22.

He and His closest band celebrate sacred moments, which ended with arguments of who was the greatest. That must have been pretty disappointing for Jesus.

When He needed prayer support… they all fell asleep.

He was betrayed by one of His closest followers and then Jesus watches as one of His inner circle of super close followers denied Him three times.

Soldiers mocked and beat Him.  The high priest grilled Him. It was horrible reading what happened to Jesus, physically and emotionally this one evening…

I drifted back to my initial thought.  How is it that I think my life should be cushy and with as little disappointment and pain as possible? Where does that come from? Am I so privileged that I believe I deserve better than Jesus?

No answers today, just wonderings… musings and lots of thinking about the cost of following Jesus.

Oh, God, may I be willing to pay whatever cost You ask of me to be a faith follower of Jesus. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment